Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's never easy.


The thing about Math is that it ever since we were kids, teachers gave us the idea that it's complicated but important and never easy. And true enough, it is complicated. However, can one really say that Math is important? I mean, honestly, all those high school lessons on Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry and other words suffixed with -try, does it actually matter in our daily lives? Come to think of it, the only Math we are aware that we do comprise of the simple MDAS processes; multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction. But is that really how shallow our idea of numbers is? I mean really, is there a bigger graph wherein math and lives intersect on a daily basis. Honestly, I think there is.


I was asked to make this blog as a requirement for our Math subject in college. Honestly, I despise Math. However, I cannot help but think that there must be a reason why they keep on teaching us all these things about numbers and formulas; all those other shizz we are sure to remember in our exams but never in real life. I mean, seriously though, how does mathematics really apply in real life? That's where this blog comes in.



I've decided to take one step out of my comfort zone and try to digest how Math really works in our daily lives. And not only in our daily lives but also in a grander scheme of things; our wallets, our families, our shopping sprees, heck, even how the world turns. I guess it's simply inevitable.What it simply takes is an explanation that's straight from a person and not from a book. As much as it pains me, I'll be that person.


One thing is for sure though, we can run. We can definitely hide. But we cannot separate from Math.

It's just how it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment